(c) 1982 IMAGIC All Rights Reserved
GAME PROGRAM INSTRUCTIONS
The sun of Alpha Ro is fading fast! Soon it will flicker out.
The Cosmic Ark races to save creatures from doomed planets in
that solar system. Meteor showers bombard the Ark, threatening
its Atlantean crew - and planetary defense systems make this
mission of mercy doubly treacherous! Time and energy slip away
- work fast or these defenseless little beasties will
disappear for all time.
The Cosmic Ark has traveled thousands of light years in order
to preserve the many exotic species peculiar to the Alpha Ro
solar system. When that sun novas, life on planets there will
wither and die.
Nothing about this mission is easy. Heavy meteor activity
throughout the system makes travel hazardous. And each planet
has an automatic defense system that cannot be knocked out.
Can the Ark succeed in saving the many helpless creatures of
Alpha Ro? Can the Cosmic Ark survive? How many planets can you
Pilot the Cosmic Ark through dangerous territory. Destroy
meteors that come too close. You score each time you eliminate
a meteor. If you survive the meteor shower, launch a
shuttleship to the surface of each planet. Try to capture 2
skittish beasties in your tractor beam in order to gain fuel
and points. Be quick about it! Return to the Ark before it
undergoes another meteor barrage. But be careful - automatic
planetary defense systems attempt to disable the shuttleship,
releasing your precious cargo before you can safely transport
them to the Ark. Reach as many planets as your fuel reserves
allow. Game ends when you've exhausted your store of fuel.
* Insert cartridge in console, label up. Turn power switch
* Flip Game Select Lever to choose one of the six Cosmic
* Game number appears at the bottom centre of the screen.
* Hit Game Reset Lever to begin action. Game begins again
whenever Reset Lever is tapped.
* Red button on left joystick will reset game when current
Cosmic Ark moves through 2 distinct sections:
* Meteor shower
* Shuttleship rescue
* The Cosmic Ark battles its way through a meteor
* You control Cosmic Ark weapon fire with your
* To fire: lean joystick in the direction you wish to
fire. Note: red button does not fire weapon.
* To fire up: push joystick away from you.
* To fire down: pull joystick toward you.
* To fire left: move joystick left.
* To fire right: move joystick right.
* Joystick must be returned to centre upright
position between each shot.
* If you survived the meteor shower, the Cosmic Ark
proceeds to the nearest planet.
* Once the Ark is in position, use your joystick to
launch the shuttleship to the planet surface.
* To launch shuttleship from Cosmic Ark: pull joystick
The shuttleship maneuvers easily.
* To approach the planet surface: pull joystick
* To move back toward Ark: push joystick away
* To move left: move joystick left.
* To move right: move joystick right.
* To move at an angle, tip joystick in the
Line up the shuttleship over the little creatures.
To capture them, use tractor beam.
* To operate tractor beam: press red button.
* When you capture a creature, keep it in the
tractor beam until it arrives onboard the
shuttleship, or it will slip from the beam and
return to the planet surface.
* A blip sounds when the creature is safely
Try to catch both beasties and return to the Ark
before a warning blast alerts you to renewed meteor
* If both beasties are caught, the Ark moves to
the next planet. The pace picks up.
* If the warning sounds before you've captured
both beasties, get back to the Ark and defend
it against bombardment.
* If the Ark survives the assault, it will
return to the same planet surface in order
to complete rescue operations.
Note: You cannot fire at meteors while the
shuttleship is away from the Ark. To do so would
endanger any creature already captured and on the
Beware! Automatic planetary defense systems will
fire at the shuttleship.
* Located on either side of the planet surface,
they move up and down and fire at intervals.
* If hit, you lose valuable energy, and the
shuttleship releases one creature you have
captured on that planet.
* The shuttleship will have returned to the Ark.
You must manoeuvre it back toward the planet
* The game ends when Cosmic Ark runs out of fuel.
* The red bar in the box at the lower centre of screen
represents fuel supply. It only appears during meteor
* You begin with the equivalent of 40 fuel units.
* Cosmic Ark destroys a meteor: gain 1 fuel unit.
* Capture a beastie: gain 10 fuel units.
* Capture both beasties and return to the Cosmic Ark
before the warning sounds: regain all fuel units.
* Meteor hits Cosmic Ark: lose 10 fuel units.
* Cosmic Ark fires at meteors: burn 1 fuel unit.
Note: When struck my a meteor, Cosmic Ark disappears
momentarily. It will reappear as long as you still have
Your score appears to the right in the box at the bottom
centre of screen.
* Destroy a meteor: 10 points.
* Destroy a special wavering meteor: 30 points.
* Reach planet, capture both beasties and return to Cosmic
Ark: 1000 points.
* Cosmic Ark will return to a planet's surface as long as a
Game 1: Regular Cosmic Ark Mission
Game 2: Meteor Shower
Game 4: Advanced Cosmic Ark Mission
Game 5: Advanced Meteor Shower
Game 3: Regular Ark Mission
Game 6: Advanced Ark Mission
In 2-player games, one player battles meteor showers while the
other controls the shuttleship.
* The Right Difficulty Lever controls joystick options:
* Position A: Right joystick battles meteor shower
Left joystick controls shuttleship
* Position B: Left joystick: shuttleship
Right joystick: meteor shower
* The Left Difficulty Lever controls the width of the Ark:
* In position A, the Cosmic Ark is wider, and so, more
difficult to defend.
* In position B, the Cosmic Ark is narrower and more